May 15: Feeling run down

Big day. Big deliverable. From here on out I am decompressing from work. But, stress levels will be getting higher on the personal front…

Highlights of the Morning and Commute:

  • Chocolate Tuesday! Kids were waking up saying Chocolate Tuesday. They are completely driven by routine.
  • Twin Husky wanted to spread the Nutella on his bread ALL BY HIMSELF!!!! He was angry when he wasn’t given a chance and then all smiles when he was handed the knife. Twin Crazy, of course, wanted to do hers by herself too when she saw her brother being so independent.
  • Red wanted her “mommy time” helping her get dressed. I helped her with her necklace too.
  • Big Bro was dressed without a problem – even changed the underwear and socks without a fight. He was out on his trip with the Motley Crew without skipping a beat.
  • Twin Crazy was still sick – but eating this morning. We dropped her off with medicine. Poor Twin Husky never had a diaper change this morning…. when I picked him up out of his car-seat he was sopping wet. He was also packed up in the car without his Tiger – when he called out for it co-parent drove away anyway without going in for it and poor Twin Husky cried most of the way there.
  • Drop off with Red went fine – again, she had all of her “stuff” with her and was only happy when everything was hanging on her hook instead of having things on the floor.
  • 20120515-221109.jpg

    The ferry ride was fine; it is sunny and nice out today. I talked with a neighbor and did not think much about work.

    Highlights of My Working Day:

  • We had a conference call with our client about our revised Executive Summary; there were some small suggestions but they loved it and we are on the right track. Our team is finishing up the document today and I will take it from there. I want to have it at the client by Friday so I will likely work on it tomorrow and possibly in the evenings this week.
  • We then met with our partners to get ready for the BIG sales meeting today related to the initiative we are trying to launch. I had six potential clients on the phone and we have another 4-5 in the sales pipeline. The call went well and I think we might actually launch this thing which would be great for me. I don’t like working with partners. These folks have not added much value AT ALL and sweep in at the end… you also have to think about their motivations for being involved and at this point I don’t feel like we need them to pull this off. We have some things we need to do to sell this further – I can handle all of it and we are shooting for a “commitment” by early Fall which I think is doable. That will be my next big push.
  • I spent time doing admin items and getting ready for my day tomorrow – I will be working from home so I needed to make sure I had everything I need to make my 1/2 day productive.
  • I’m now on the ferry and I’m not sure how I feel. I feel bad for the kids. That’s what it comes down to. This sucks for them. I don’t know if being so young will help them or hurt them in the long run. But I need to be there for them. I need to be strong for them even though I don’t feel strong for myself most of the time. I am looking forward to having my own space but again, I don’t feel as excited as I could be. I feel like I’m accomplishing something for the family but it is so damn hard fighting uphill battles all of the time. I wish we could just focus on the kids. If that was the driving principle we wouldn’t be fighting so hard in different directions. That is the most frustrating thing for me. Dealing with other people’s “wants” instead of focusing on our childrens’ “needs”.

    I’m looking forward to seeing them. Holding them. And I’m looking forward to tomorrow and strolling with the Twins while Big Bro rides his bike – that’s what he wrote in his Mother’s Day gift to me – that he likes it when I walk with him on his way to school. Those days are limited for me and him going forward so I’m looking forward to tomorrow and spending that time with him and soaking it in.

    Dinner and Bedtime:

  • I picked up Red and she was all smiles. Laughing about how much stuff we had to take home of hers (“bag lady”).
  • I picked up the Twins and didn’t like what I heard. First of all, the first words out of Twin Husky’s mouth was “Tiger” and he ran to the van to get home. The daycare provider said he was missing it all day long. Second, Twin Crazy is still sick. High fever, no appetite, and puked this morning. She seemed happy and fine when I picked her up but I am concerned. If she is still bad tomorrow I will take her to the doctor.
  • Pick up for Big Bro was smooth; he rode his bike home and I followed him until we hit a windy spot – he decided to stop so we threw his bike into the trunk and drove home.
  • At home I was cooking dinner AND THE KIDS WERE SO WELL BEHAVED!!!! Big Bro was upstairs in his room playing quietly and doing Legos. Twin Husky was busy with his Tiger and playing in the play kitchen and pretending to fix things. The girls were busy being sisters, sitter together and “reading” books. Twin Crazy was having fun wearing my shoes.
  • We had a pancake dinner and the kids ate well, except for Twin Crazy. She sat in my lap and had a banana and lots of water.
  • Afterwards we watched some T.V. and talked about the movie. Red put lots of clips in her hair by herself and she actually looked gorgeous. She wants to do the same by herself for tomorrow at school.
  • I put the Twins to bed tonight; gave them both medicine. Twin Crazy was playing with stickers while on the potty, but putting them on the wall. She took them off when I asked her to do so. Then both Twins were feeling REALLY good and acting silly. They were rolling around in Big Bro’s bed for awhile and I let them enjoy themselves before whisking them off to their room. They went down OK, but wanted me to hold them and sing to them a bit before going to bed. That was unusual. I had both of them in my lap, hugging them, their heads on my shoulders, and I was singing “Twinkle Twinkle”. They kept saying “more” so I sang several times and then said “last time” and sang one time more. They both got up and went to their cribs. So easy.
  • I was greeted by Big Bro and Red while in with the Twins. I brought them into their rooms and said goodnight. I was reading in my room and was visited again by them. Co-parent brought them upstairs and all is quiet now.
  • 20120515-221146.jpg






    I’m so tired. Just wiped out. I’m glad I hit the 15th in terms of work and its finally over. All of my big deliverables. I should be busy but more consistent at work going forward; just when the stress of the divorce picks up. I still can’t believe what is happening and the extent to which we cannot agree on anything. It is so exhausting and counterproductive. I need my energy for the kids.

    Til tomorrow –
    – Mama K

    Leave a Reply

    Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

    You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

    Connecting to %s

    %d bloggers like this: