Wednesday, working 1/2 day from home, then I get the kids. We had a big day today.
Highlights of My Working Day:
- I woke up super early. Did some laundry. Set up for work. It was chilly so I put the fire on. I love this house.
- I was very productive today. I arranged speakers for two forums and talked with an ex-colleague. Sent out some emails regarding a media interview. I may be interviewed on Monday; I’ll find out over the next day or two.
- I wrapped up at 12:30 to get the kids.
Highlights of the Rest of the Day:
- Picked up all kids; went to the Dentist! All kids were great. Red got x-rays. Kids played before hand. Big kids were amazingly still and calm during their checkup so Twin Crazy and Twin Husky were completely OK with their check up. They all did great. Big Bro picked mint toothpaste, Red picked Orange, Twin Husky picked Grape, and Twin Crazy picked Strawberry.
- We went to Home Depot to return some dead plants and I picked up some others that will thrive around the house. I pulled the divorced mom of four kids story and got 50% of my new plants, after returning the dead ones with tags still on them (but no receipt). I was pumped.
- Got back to the house and the Legos arrived from Amazon. All kids were busy with their Legos.
- We ate fast – Twin Husky cut up his hot dog.
- The grandkids next door (other next door – the house with the chickens) came over to play. We played ball in the backyard. So I had 7 kids on my hands.
- I picked some weeds and fed the chickens.
- Bedtime was rough. The kids are taking a long time to get used to this transition at this house. I talked with the girls for awhile. Twin Crazy is a parrot to Red. She repeats EVERYTHING. Questions and all. “Do foxes walk on two or four legs? Do foxes eat chickens? Do foxes eat guinnea pigs? Do foxes eat fish? What do dogs eat? How do dogs eat? I love the sound of crickets. Is the guinnea pig safe because he’s in his cage?”
- I told Twin Crazy that I loved her and kissed her forehead. She said I love you right back. I did the same for Red. I told them that I’m so happy that they are here.
I had a great day. I felt super-productive at work, and had a really long and diverse time with the kids. Dentists, plant shopping, Legos, playing ball…. it was great.