I didn’t post yesterday since it’s been REALLY busy the past two days. My dad is here with his wife; I’m thankful for their visit, am psyched for them to see this new life, and excited about the kids and their experiences with Pop-pop and Emmy. The kids have been talking about the visit and were so excited to see them.
- Waking up and caring for still nameless guinnea-pig
- watching “Geek Squad” from Best Buy come back again to program the remote control (by the way – it is busted again and they will need to come out again)
- Playing computer games on various iPads
- Holding chickens
- Making “fart” noises with the air pump hose
- Making air-popped pop corn and trying to watch a movie with the tv/remote control (NOT)
- Having my next door neighbor give us little shoots of corn-stalks to plant in our yard since she ran out of room
- Running around at night before bedtime, through the yards and in parades and laughing and having to take breaks for breath and running running running and laughing laughing laughing with all of the siblings. Too much fun. This is the kind of activity that I remembered as a kid. I just sat on the rocking chair watching their fun
- Cleaned out still nameless guinnea pig cage
- Red held another chicken and proceeded to chase chickens around the property trying to hold them some more
- Fed nameless guinnea pig an apple slice
- Went to Target and had the kids in two different shopping carts; went shopping for house stuff as well as stuff for the kids; Red had a one-on-one shopping experience with Emmy where she was able to pick out HER OWN shirts and pants. She never really had this experience before and has always had hand-me-downs; I am grateful for Emmy for giving her this experience; she gave us a fashion show when we got home. Got “crocs” for all kids to help with the outdoor action and mulch migration into the house
- Relaxed at home the rest of the day; played Legos
- Took the kids back to co-parent’s. Red informed me that we did not have enough time today together. I felt guilty. I mentioned the coloring that we did, but she reminded me that was Yesterday, and not today….
- Went out to dinner with my dad and Marsha. It was great. I am tipsy. I enjoyed the meal, converation, and the dessert. I will be 42 on Monday!!!!!
I am feeling reasonably good; I feel even better about the decisions I made with this house. It was the right thing to do given the circumstances. It is the right thing for our family. I am ready for this upcoming birthday and feeling reasonably OK with where I am in life now despite the friction around me.
Have a great weekend all -
- Mama K